I do not watch much television. I'm more of a reader. But, when I do watch, it is typically TLC and HGTV. I just finished watching an episode of House Hunters International and was about to head to bed when Million Dollar Closets (or some such similar title) came on. What in the world? The fact that an entire show is now devoted to CLOSETS just blows my mind. It gets better. In tonight's episode, the following quote was uttered by one of the "famous" people that is paying big bucks for such a closet: "I've waited my entire life to do a closet like this. I am so excited." Seriously? Your whole life's goal was to have a swanky closet so that you can "feel like you are shopping" every time you go to get dressed? That is so incredibly sad that I don't even know what to do with it. The money that they are spending on closet renovations - not to mention the contents of the closets themselves - is unfathomable. While people are starving to death in many places around the world, here in our country, money is wasted on stupid, stupid stuff. Ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment