Thursday, May 17, 2012

Four weeks

Four weeks ago, Addie left the orphanage forever!  It has been a whirlwind around here, but things are finally starting to settle down. 

Addie and Daddy - REUNITED!!


Mama's sweet girl


Addie has the most kissable chubby cheeks!



This was our girl at approximately one month old.


This is our girl at 15 months old - what a difference!!



When Sena came home, I was amazed at how quickly she adjusted to the changes that had come her way.  The same has been true for Addie.  Neither of these girls arrived in our home with noticeable trauma.  I firmly believe that is due in large part to the care they were given prior to arriving in our home.  The nannies at the YWAM orphanages do an amazing job of pouring love into the children.  It was so obvious with both of our girls that they had been nurtured and their needs had been met consistently.  It is true that an orphanage is no replacement for a family, but, under the circumstances, it was the next best thing for our girls.

That is not to say that it has all been easy around here -because it hasn't.  I am no spring chicken and having a teenager, an 11 year old, an 8 year old (all boys - do the math), a 2 year old and a one year old is just a lot at times.  There are many needs to be met with five children and the constant supervision of the littles can be tiring.  But you know what?  I wouldn't change it for the world.  Each one of these children is a blessing and it has been a pleasure to watch the boys once again step up as amazing big brothers to their sisters.  Sena has struggled the most with the new addition to our family, but she is finally starting to seem like her old self again.  My heart has ached for her as she has tried to figure out her new role and there have been some insecurities that have come to light as a result, but we are doing our best to love her and affirm her place in our family. 

Oh the irony - Sena is sitting right next to me as I finish typing this post and she just grabbed my arm and squeezed it and said, "I love you, Mom."  Melt my heart.  She has never said that to me before without me saying it to her first.  I'm pretty sure we are going to be just fine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment