We recognized very early on that our youngest would keep us on our toes and she has not disappointed. She has been busy from day one, but now she is busy and AGILE and that is not the greatest combo. She is growing taller and can reach things that she couldn't before. She has also figured out how to move objects that she can climb on to help her better reach whatever treasure she is after. (Tonight it was scissors. Super.) Her fine motor skills are coming right along and she now knows how to get her jammies off. Up until now, none of our kids have ever pulled the "finger-painting" with doo doo in the crib trick, but I am pretty sure this one might. If I was smart, I would start using duct tape preemptively, but that just seems like a lot of work. I'm probably going to regret that.
If you saw facebook today, you already know about this:
Sena came to me and said that Addie needed a new diaper and that she wanted to change it by herself. Since it wasn't a stinky one, I figured it wouldn't hurt.
She did a pretty good job!
Addie bolted before she could complete the job, so Sena chased after her in order to fix her pants.
And then it was snuggly sister time.
Sena loves her baby sis - most of the time. She isn't fond of those times when Addie takes food from her plate or snatches toys out of her hand. The injustice of it all really does a number on her! But, overall, they get along pretty well and have a lot of affection for each other.
Sena has been cracking me up lately with some of the ways she says things - for some reason she has a bit of a southern twang going on. Her teacher at school is Ms. Kim, but Sena pronounces it as Ms. Kee-am. Before bed, she says, "I love ya!" After school, she tells me, "I missed ya!" I sneezed this morning and she called, "Bless ya!" She also likes to say, "Let me help ya." I have no idea where the YA business came from, but it is FUNNY! She also has an interesting thing going on with her R's. When someone passes gas (and let me tell you it is OFTEN with three boys in this house), she tells me that so and so FIGHTED. When she wants more of something, it comes out MOEY. Overall, though, her language has really come along and she expresses herself very well.
These girls have come a long way in the months that they have been in our family. When I look at them, I still marvel at the amazing way that God placed these two particular girls in our family. They just fit. And we love them so much!

No comments:
Post a Comment