John and I are finding that this season of our lives on the home front is quite demanding. Of course, with five children at home, that is to be expected. We were well aware of what we were getting ourselves into and would not change it for the world. However, we are realizing that there are some things in our world that may have to be eliminated for the time being.
The truth is that we need all hands on deck around here. I have mentioned it before, but Addie is extremely busy and we have to watch her very carefully. Our house is pretty kid friendly, but she still finds things to get into. That makes meal preparation and other household tasks a challenge. In addition, for obvious reasons, our girls require a little more to fill their love tanks than their brothers did when they were little. Often, I find myself parked in my favorite chair with both girls on my lap. When John arrives home, they often switch to his lap. They both still like to be held quite a bit and I am not at all complaining about that because I will take all the snuggles I can get! But, it does make it hard to get things done sometimes.
As we have added children to our family, additional tasks have been added also. I am extremely grateful to have a husband who is so involved with our children and with running our household. He doesn't complain about cleaning up, doing laundry, etc. He just does it. I will admit that his attitude about these acts of service is so much better than mine. I get frustrated when I've cleaned up the floor for the 5th time that day or when I open the laundry closet and piles of clothes fall out on me. What I am realizing, though, is that this is where I am called to serve right now. I can choose to do it with a good attitude or a stinky one. I am totally working on that. I am also attempting to let go of the guilt because I simply cannot be involved with a whole lot of outside things right now. Running a business and running a household are both demanding and I am endeavoring to juggle both. Before we know it, the girls will be older and we will have more time and energy for other things. In the meantime, though, our focus is at home. We adopted our girls because they needed a family and they deserve to have the best of what we can offer - not the leftovers after we have depleted ourselves elsewhere.
Finally, I am so thankful for our boys. They are wonderful big brothers who are a big help with their sisters. That has been a huge blessing.
Jack with the little ladies
Story time with Isaac
Addie is modeling her super cute shoes from Sole Hope
The girls are thrilled that Gramps stopped by for an evening visit.
Sena thinks he is a funny dude
This little piggy went to market...
Check out the ruffles on her pants!
My little girl in her big girl bed

YAY! I finally got to see the shoes on her cute LITTLE feet :)
ReplyDeleteLove all the pics.