Sunday, January 27, 2013

Melkam Lidet

One year ago today, we met our sweet Addie for the very first time.  Today we also celebrate her 2nd birthday.  I have no idea how an entire year has passed since we first snuggled her in our arms.
 
We were standing out in the courtyard talking to Abdissa and, suddenly, there she was!
 
Precious!
 
She wasn't quite sure what to think
 
Someone is a wee bit excited in this picture

Ahhh....

Daddy taking a turn with his girl

She decided fairly quickly that she liked this Daddy person
 
I mean, she REALLY liked him
 

She was very interested in connecting with us
 
 
The first time I fed her lunch

Her first birthday gift
 
Addie is about to cut the cake - with a GIGANTIC knife!

"Melkam Lidet Sena!!"  In Ethiopia, the name is pronounced "Sayna"
 
Enjoying her birthday cake
 
 
Fast forward one year...
 
Happy 2nd Birthday Addie!
  
Entertaining us with a tune on the harmonica whilst giving Dora a hug

Way too silly to pose for a picture with Mama

Cake time!

So excited!

The boys love them some Addie

Yummy!

At one point, she was stuffing handfuls of cake into her mouth

Every girl needs a pink tricycle!  Hopefully her feet will reach the pedals by spring.

If not, I'm quite certain I know someone who will be happy to utilize the tricycle in the meantime

I don't think I will ever tire of all the pink in our house. 

Reading with "Bip"

A princess castle from Grandma!

It takes a village to put together a princess castle
 
Happy Birthday Addie!

We love you baby girl!
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment