I love the sights, sounds, and even the smells of Addis in the morning
Our second day with our girl:
Bubbles!
Still not quite sure about Mama...
...but feeling pretty good about Daddy
Precious baby girl
One of my favorite photos of Daddy and daughter
Those who have experienced the court to embassy wait know that it is nothing short of brutal. Going to Ethiopia, meeting your child, falling in love, and then leaving your child is just hard. Hard. HARD! When I look back at the pictures of our time with Addie, I am reminded of how special our time with her was. In the back of my mind, I knew we would be loving her and then leaving her. We had done that once before with her sister and it was anything but easy. As much as I tried to guard my heart this time around, I just couldn't seem to do it. I'm pretty certain Addie captured both of our hearts almost immediately and there was no way to keep her at arms' length. Instead, we snuggled her as much as we possibly could in the few days that we were able to spend with her. Each day when we returned to the transition home, she recognized us. When we flew home on January 31, part of our hearts remained with our girl in Ethiopia. That was hard, but it made the reunion and Addie's homecoming just that much more amazing!
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment