Most people know that I am a take charge kind of girl. If I get an idea that something needs to be done, like a room being painted or something, I don't just mull it over. I get in the car, drive to the hardware store and buy paint and other necessary supplies, and then I come home and paint. I tend to get a "bee in my bonnet" and I really can't rest until the task is completed. That is where the whole adoption thing will be a challenge for me. You see, there are MANY other people who have a hand in all that must be done and, unfortunately, they do it on their own timetable, not mine. It already seems like it will be forever before we get to meet our girl (a year on the very optimistic side and a year and a half or more on the not-so-optimistic side). I have to completely let go of my ideal "schedule" and have faith that God has it all under control. Because, ideally, our baby will come home next summer while John is still on summer break and we wouldn't have to worry about school year logistics for him and the boys. If, however, it doesn't work out that way, we'll roll with it. I'm learning that I will have to roll with a lot in the next several months and, really, years. I suppose this is all preparation for what is to come.
On a strange note, should I be concerned that Jack is trying to convince Isaac he should not be "Jimmy the Cat" anymore, but rather "Marvin the Dog?" Do you think they will be scarred for life because we won't buy them a pet (other than the fish, but that doesn't really count. You can't cuddle a fish...)?
Mary
8 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment