I spent the bulk of the afternoon today working on paperwork for our home study. Our first visit is just over two weeks away and I want to have as much of my work done as I can by then. I really wish there was something else I could do to expedite the process, but once things are done on our end, the rest is just waiting for the home visits and the report to be written. I spoke with our case manager in Washington today and she said that as soon as they approve our home study, we are eligible for a referral. As of now, the wait time on a referral for a baby girl is 6-9 months. There is an outside chance that our girl could be home as early as late next summer. That would be so awesome. It would also be very ideal for us because of the fact that John is a teacher and it is going to be tricky to navigate him taking time off during the school year. This is totally all in God's timing, but if you would, please pray that we can get things done in a timely fashion. I am so anxious to meet the little person who will be joining our family! Isaac told me today that he wants our baby now. We will all definitely have to learn patience!
No comments:
Post a Comment