Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm easily thrilled these days

I just checked my email and in my inbox was an attachment of a receipt for the fees that we sent off on Monday and which have arrived in Washington at our adoption agency - on the adoption agency letterhead. I realize that we haven't been officially accepted (and, for the record, if we're not, that's going to be terribly embarrassing and heartbreaking...), but something about seeing our names on the letterhead of the adoption agency makes it seem so real. This is actually happening!!! I am telling everyone I see. I'm just going to apologize now because I know people are going to be so tired of me going on about this, but it is something I know we were meant to do and I am just so excited.
In the anniversary card that my sweet husband wrote for me yesterday, he referred to our anticipated arrival of "our little African princess." Hello!? It completed melted my heart! FYI, she might end up being a teensy bit spoiled.
We both feel a renewed sense of purpose in our lives. It goes beyond providing a loving home to a child who doesn't have one. It has caused me to really think about what I can do to make a difference in this world. I'm not necessarily talking about big things, either. Rather, I just want to be more purposeful in how I live and that's what I am working toward.

No comments:

Post a Comment