Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Crocodile tears

My heart is threatening to break in two today.  Not only is it our sweet baby's very first birthday, but she is spending it sick with the measles.  I knew this day would be hard, but it is proving to be harder than I anticipated.  Even though she isn't here, we are still celebrating her with a cake and we have some presents we are saving for when she comes home to us.  The boys also thought we needed to have our traditional "special" birthday breakfast in honor of her.  I wish that I was not so sentimental - I think it would make things much easier.  But, alas, that is how I am wired, so I'm working through it.  I hope that someday baby S will look at the pictures from this day and know how special she is and how much we love her.

3 comments:

  1. Bless your heart. Although I was able to spend Alejandra's first b-day with her in Guatemala. I missed H's first B-day and D's first b-day party when she turned seven and it looks like I will miss both of them again, as they fall in Sept and Nov. I know just how you feel. Love, hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry you and baby girl are having such a difficult day today!! Bless her poor little heart! I would be worried too! The best you can do is realizing she is being well cared for and that you'll get to pour out all that love on her eventually. Yeah I know, that's not that comforting. But, it's true! You WILL see her and hold her and kiss her owies! It WILL happen. And just think of what a miracle that truly is!

    Hang in there mama and have fun celebrating today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh goodness! Happy Birthday sweet baby S. Your family LOVES you so much!!

    praying for you guys as you celebrate this day without her AND knowing she's sick ~bless her heart.

    ReplyDelete