Friday, August 20, 2010

A little news...

I believe that God has a sense of humor.  When I have been anxious about the timing of our court date, I have been encouraged by others who have told me that God has known all along when our court date would be.  I have recently "settled in" for the next several weeks of nothing happening on the adoption front.  So, you can imagine my surprise when my cell phone rang this morning as I was in the midst of baking pies.  When I saw the 801 area code, I did a double take.  I answered and it was Kathy from our agency.  I had just emailed her this morning, so I figured it was in relation to that.  Then she told me she had good news.  It still wasn't quite registering.  Then she said she had a court date for us.  What?  How can that be?  The courts are closed?!  Apparently, they have had the date for a little while.  When she told me the date, I couldn't quite believe it.  If you were a baker and pies were your specialty, what is the WORST day of the year you could think of to be away from the bakery?  You guessed it - our court date is THANKSGIVING DAY.  Just last week, I was having a cow because Tracy (friend and business partner) had been assigned a court date of November 19.  Her agency was successful in moving hers up to October, so I was quite relieved.  She said to me, "Now watch, you'll get a court date on Thanksgiving."  She was right.  She is working on a cow right about now, too.  There is a chance that we may be able to have the date changed.  If not and you have any pie expertise, I know someone who is going to be in need of it.

We aren't able to make any travel plans yet, but I am thankful to know the end is in sight!  Sometime in the next three months, I will hold my baby girl in my arms.  Finally.  I can't even imagine what that will be like.  I went in her room last night to put some things away and found myself just taking it all in.  Before we know it she will be here with us and a whole new journey will begin.  I am SO ready to be her mama. 

6 comments:

  1. God most definitely has a sense of humor! But PRAISE THE LORD for a court date!!! I'm praying you can get the date moved up-- for your business partner's sake AND so you can hold precous baby S in your arms sooner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yahooooooooo!

    you have a date! a VERY fitting date if it sticks...a day to give thanks for your new little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! Congrats, Babes!!! Can Andrea and your mom fill in for you while you are gone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want to fly me out to you, I made a MEAN pie crust!:) The year we lived in Belize a few families paid me to make pumpkin pies. Teehee, probably not quite up to your standards but..you know...if you get in a pinch!

    CONGRATS MAMA OF 4!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. “He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?” (Romans 8:32)

    ReplyDelete