Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A few highlights

After a rough morning, my day improved dramatically and I am happy to report the tears have ceased.  My eyes are swollen now, but my heart feels better! 
Isaac had an appointment in Urbana this afternoon, so we all headed into town.  After the appointment, we visited Panera for coffee and bagels.  We had a nice visit and talked about our plans for the upcoming school year, as well as plans for the upcoming sister.  Later, I happened across this at TJ Maxx and couldn't resist:

You can't see it very well, but it comes with a little scarf for her hair.  Oh.my.word.

We decided to go out to dinner to celebrate the birthday girl.  We went to Old Chicago and were excited to learn that Tuesdays are half-off pizza days.  SCORE!!  When you are feeding three growing boys, that is a big plus.

After a stop at Target to buy more baby formula (courtesy of a very sweet lady from church), we headed home to have cake and ice cream.  I noticed a goose standing right next to the highway (not something you see every day) and then saw that his/her mate had been hit by a car and was lying on the other side.  It made me so sad!  Geese are very loyal to each other and they mate for life.  That makes me think of the time my mom was attacked by a goose outside of the Dress Barn.  Every spring, a goose would nest in the parking lot.  Her mate stood watch close by.  One day, my mom got out of the car to go to the DB and the mate flew at her.  She had to fight him off with her purse.  The picture of that in my mind makes me giggle every single time.  If you knew my mom, you would giggle too.  Speaking of my mom, she called and wanted to know why she hadn't been invited to the birthday party.  An invitation was quickly extended and she and my dad came over for the festivities which included this:



Here are the brothers blowing out the candle:


We saved the piece of cake that has her name on it and put it in the freezer.  Isaac is worried about it getting freezer burn.  Ugh.


Here is the family that cannot wait to have a precious baby girl join them:

We love you, Little One!

4 comments:

  1. oh goodness Jennifer, I want to cry for you. I know how hard this must be, we just want them home so bad. I pray that deep in her soul and heart the Lord is telling her how dearly loved she is. Happy Birthday Baby S!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By His grace, you're going to make it! Love that outfit - what a great find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you will be alright...Although so difficult at times. I was thinking this morning. Jesus sustains me. He has brought me through so many different periods of waiting and He gives me just what I need to get through. He is faithful and right on time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your sweet little one.

    LOVE the party you had for her. :)

    ReplyDelete