Friday, October 1, 2010

He Knew

We had our travel call with our adoption agency a few nights ago.  I might have felt a little bit unsettled afterwards.  There are so many things that are unknown in the world of adoption and no guarantees.  They wanted to make sure that we understood fully what we are about to do.  I was still mulling over our conversation with the social worker the next morning when I came across this:

http://vimeo.com/15064039

As I consider the millions of children around the world who don't have a home or a family, my heart just breaks and I am reminded again of the reasons why we pursued adoption in the first place.  There is a little girl living in an orphanage almost 8,000 miles away from us who has captured our hearts and we cannot wait to be her family.  I was looking at her pictures today and considered that she was born the very week that our adoption application was submitted to our agency.  God knew then and has known all along that we would be her family.  He KNEW!  There is such peace in knowing that He has planned this for us and that He has orchestrated all the details.  And He is still orchestrating them - right down to the day we will finally bring her home.  I am thankful that I can rest in His timing and His plan and I trust that He will give us everything we need to raise this precious baby girl. 

1 comment: