Thursday, October 21, 2010

TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We leave tomorrow.  To go to Ethiopia.  To meet our baby girl.  I.CAN'T.WAIT.  We have a gigantic pile of suitcases that we hope will not be more than 50.6 lbs. each.  We have weighed and reweighed them, but our wonderful scale says something different every time.  I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

In the flurry of activity trying to get everything together, I haven't had much time to really think about the flight.  I'm sure that will come - probably today as we pass O'Hare on the way to John's parents.  I will watch the planes get close to the ground and the heart palpitations will begin - or not.  The boys are excited about spending time with Papa and Grandma and their cousins and that makes the thought of leaving them a little easier.  I know this week will fly.  I am going to savor every moment we have with our girl and pray that the weeks between meeting her and being able to go back and bring her home for good will fly, too.  I AM READY.   Now it's time to bake the pies.  I haven't had a vacation since June  2009, so the time off work might be a tiny bit nice, too. :)

1 comment: