There is a flurry of activity taking place around here in preparation for our trip. Before we know it, we will be boarding a plane bound for ETHIOPIA!!! I still can't quite wrap my brain around it. There is much to do in the meantime. The packing is coming along quite nicely. Our donations are distributed among four suitcases and we will squeeze our clothes in there somewhere. I have been rounding up odds and ends to take along just in case we might need them (and will probably return home never having used them, but better safe than sorry!) I went to Target with a big list on Tuesday and felt a great sense of accomplishment when I was done. I also have to say how thankful I am for the adoptive mamas who have gone before me who have shared their wisdom on everything from how to reach home while we are gone to tips on fostering attachment with our girl. I am grateful for the connections I have made with so many during this journey - and many of them I have never even seen in the flesh (though I hope that someday soon we will be able to meet in person!) It is amazing to me that in a short time, this part of the journey will be over and a whole new adventure will begin. I am so looking forward to being a mama to baby S.
No comments:
Post a Comment