Saturday, October 16, 2010

One Week From Today...

...we will arrive in Ethiopia!  It still doesn't seem possible.  We have three suitcases full and one with about three pounds of available space remaining.  We picked up the last of the formula on Thursday night and the cashier at Walmart was quite curious as to what we were doing with all the formula.  We have about 75 pounds squeezed into our suitcases and hope to take that much on the next trip, too.

I woke up at 4 am this morning and could not go back to sleep.  My thoughts were all over the place and I had some praying to do.  One fellow adoptive family left for Ethiopia yesterday and my friend Tracy, as well as Joy from YWAM, leave today.  Two other families leave tomorrow.  I am asking God for safe travels and that everything is in order for all the families to pass court.

I have been trying to process everything that will happen in the coming weeks and it is really hard to wrap my brain around the enormity of it.  There is no other way to explain how I am feeling - it just feels big.  I've been rereading a book on preparing for adoption and it can be scary because there are just so many unknowns.  We have no idea how baby S. is going to adjust to us and it may take a long time and a lot of work.  We have to be prepared for that.  Or, she may adjust very quickly and it may seem as if she has always been part of our family.  We are asking God to help us as we endeavor to make the transition as smooth as possible for her regardless of where the situation may fall on that spectrum.

Psalm 32:8  I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.

No comments:

Post a Comment