Yesterday our girl turned 19 months old. She has been home for 5 weeks now and continues to do very well. She is changing already! She has cut several new teeth since she came home, so her four tooth grin now has 10 teeth and somehow that just makes her look older. She is quite a dancing machine, as well. Music brings out the clapping and the dancing and the giggling. You can see for yourself here:
http://www.vimeo.com/20901941 She really is a funny girl. As I type this, we are listening to a Veggie Tales CD and she is walking around in circles with her eyes squeezed shut and "singing" along. Very sweet, but I'm a tiny bit partial. She is also learning more words. Her word of the week: poop. Impressive, isn't it? She uses it in context, too. I'm thinking potty training is not too far off when you can announce what is happening over in the corner...
We had good news last week at her dr. appointment. A medical issue was discovered a year ago this month in Ethiopia and we weren't sure how serious it was. She saw several doctors in Ethiopia and the final consensus was that she would need surgery at some point. We had our home study changed to reflect special needs just to be on the safe side. Well, when the dr. examined her last week, he told us everything was totally NORMAL! She does not need surgery at all. God is good!
 |
Trying to "share" Ethan's sucker.
|
I will rejoice with you for that TOTAL healing. Thank you Jesus!
ReplyDeleteUMMM, how do you keep from laughing while filming her. She is a riot!
Sweetness abounds throughout this update and I am so happy to hear she no longer needs surgery! Yay! God is soooo good!
ReplyDelete:)Meliski
SO funny! Our little girl smiled and laughed and shaked her little hands watching that sweet video. :)
ReplyDelete