Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mushy

I have been a bit reflective regarding our adoption journey the past few days in preparation for sharing at a local Mom's group this morning about our experience.  Without a doubt, adopting is one of the hardest things I have ever done.  It is also one of the most rewarding.  I believe that when you have to fight for something, you value it more.  We faced a number of obstacles along the way and there were times when I told John I just couldn't do it anymore.  But I pressed on in spite of my feelings of weakness and inadequacy and I am so thankful for the strength that God gave me to endure.  I was talking to another adoptive mama today about the absolute relief that has come now that the process is complete.  The parenting will get hard at some point, but right now I am just enjoying the gift that God has entrusted to us.  I love her so much.  It has been such a pleasure to watch her personality unfold over the past weeks and I really just enjoy being with her.  I think part of that is because I have done this routine before and I know how quickly these little ones change into big ones who suddenly don't need their mamas as much anymore.  Before I know it, she will be headed off to school.  I intend to savor this time with her because I know it is fleeting. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jennifer,
    My name is Tara and my husband and I are adopting through YWAM. I would love to chat with you via phone or email about how you survived this process. We're almost 8 months into the process, dossier in Ethiopia but hit our first major bump waiting for our referral. Anyway, any advice would be very welcomed! My email is tarardunn@gmail.com.
    -Tara

    ReplyDelete