Friday, March 25, 2011

We're Building a House...

...for only $400.00.  You can build one, too!!  Read all about it here:  http://thatwemightbeadopted.blogspot.com/2011/03/home-improvements.html

I cannot tell you how many times lately I have been reminded of just how blessed we are.  We have so much while people all over the world have so little.  One afternoon while we were in Ethiopia, John, Sena, and I were eating lunch on the patio of our guest house.  We had a basket of bread on the table and were munching away when two little boys came up to us with their hands out.  They were obviously hungry and we literally gave them the food out of our hands.  That was eye opening.  Can you imagine being so desperate that you would eat food that complete strangers had been eating from?  Giving the boys that bread was no sacrifice at all - we had ordered meals and they were on our table in a matter of minutes.  Why do we have all we could possibly need and more?  Why are so many suffering while we live in luxury?  What can we do to make a difference when the need is so vast?  These are the questions that run through my mind day in and day out.  God is opening our eyes to the needs around us and it is up to us to follow His leading.  After I read the above referenced blog post, I asked John to read it, too.  A need was presented and we knew we could help out.  We are expecting a tax refund in a few weeks and the first $400.00 is earmarked for a house in Gutumuma.  God has given so freely to us - how can we not do the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment