Monday, September 19, 2011

Moving right along

Our social worker came to visit last Tuesday.  Today our updated home study was in my inbox.  How is that for a quick turnaround?  It took several months for our home study to be completed the first time around, so to have this completed in several days just seems amazing to me.  Now it will be sent to DCFS here in Illinois for approval.

Though we've only just begun this process, I find my mindset is different, too.  I think it is largely due to the fact that I have living, breathing proof of God's faithfulness right here in my home.  If I ever doubt God's plan or His timing, I only have to look at the sweet face that He moved mountains for and I remember that He is in control.  He already knows who will be joining our family.  We have no idea how long it will be, but we do know that NOTHING will stand in the way of His plan.

As I have looked back at our journey to Sena, God's hand in placing her in our family is so evident.  I remember callling Joy from YWAM while we were waiting for our I171H to arrive.  I frantically told her that there was a little one on the waiting child list that I was absolutely sure was our daughter.  Joy, in her sweet way, explained to me what I already knew - they couldn't match a child with a family until the family was completely paper ready.  But, she also reminded me that if Sena was the child for us, she would be waiting when we were paper ready.  And the rest is history (in spite of the fact that she was taken off the waiting list at one point and that we were not the only family with our eye on that sweet girl.)   The point is that God had a plan and I could have just rested in that knowledge, but instead drove myself crazy worrying about the what if's.  There are a lot of things that I apparently needed to learn the hard way the first time around and I'm hoping that my head is not quite so thick this time.  It will make life much easier for everyone.

2 comments:

  1. oh my! guess I missed the big announcement that you were adopting again. :) I just read back thru your older post! ha! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was fast. Awesome. I am so so happy for your family. I will be right by your side for this adoption just like last time.....but not as spastic and I will have a much more level head!!!! Promise!!

    ReplyDelete