Monday, September 5, 2011

☀ ☀ ☀ ☀ ☀

It is a beautiful day here.  The sun is shining, there is a light breeze, and the temperature is in the 60's - a far cry from the almost 100 degree temperatures we had last week.  I.AM.READY.FOR.FALL.  Bring on the pumpkins, leaves, and candy corn!  I love that nasty stuff.

I'm feeling all nostalgic as I think back to where we were this time last year.  The anticipation of our first trip to Ethiopia was building and I counted the days until I would hold my sweet girl in my arms.  As I pictured what that moment would look like in my mind, I almost could not contain my excitement.  The longing to be with her was so strong.  Then there was the whole leaving part that ripped my heart in two.  Then there was the longing to be with her and then a brief leaving and then a beautiful reunion.  And here we are!!  But I digress...As we prepared for our first trip, I struggled with fear and the closer we got to our departure, the stronger it became.  Most of that had to do with the whole flying thing and I do know that it was irrational - but also very real to me.  I have to say that facing that fear and somewhat conquering it has given me a whole new level of trust in God who took us safely to Ethiopia and back - TWICE!  Not only did He take care of us physically, but He also provided EVERYTHING that we needed.  Everything!  That trust in His plan is so great that it looks like we're willing to put it into practice again.  Who knew?  And just like that, the wheels are in motion (albeit slow motion) toward another addition to our family.

3 comments:

  1. CHILLS!!!!!
    Seriously Jenn, I am in awe of you! Go get your baby, again! I'm with you 100% You can count on me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you! SO excited!
    Love that new photo of "the girl." She is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our God is so great, so big, and so mighty. There's nothing that our God can't do!

    Yay!

    ReplyDelete