Sunday, August 19, 2012

True Love

Addie fell in love this weekend. With a doll.  From IKEA.  But first...

The boys were invited to go to a Bears' game with Aunt Donna and Grandma this past weekend.  They had a blast.  While they were heading to the city, the rest of us headed to Schaumburg.



First, we stopped at Gino's East.  It ranks in my top 5 favorite pizza places.  It is a complete dive (as you can tell from the graffiti on the wall behind the ladies), but the deep dish pizza is AMAZING!

My little pizza girl bringing the leftovers home for the brothers

Our next stop was IKEA.  While we were perusing the children's section, Addie's eyes landed on this:

Her newest word:  BABY!  She yelled it when she saw this little guy in one of the toy bins.  I handed the baby to her and she immediately cuddled him and kept saying baby over and over again.  It was too cute.  Sena was content with a 49 cent weird stuffed I'm not even sure what it is.

She cuddled the baby all the way back to Grandma's house.  I'm not sure what is up with the nosepicking lately, but at least she is multitasking...

We have been joking that the baby is magical.  Addie was perfectly content on the ride home last night.  Then she slept an hour later than normal (and when normal is 5:30am, that is a BIG deal.)  The real kicker was that we drove the entire 3 hours home from Grandma's in complete PEACE.  Addie did not cry.  At all.  She always cries in the car.  Loudly.  But not today.   Here is what happened while we were driving down the tollway:

Happy happy happy

Oh Baby, I love you so!

Snuggle snuggle snuggle

I'm going to bite your fingernails, baby!

Baby and baby taking a snooze.

Thank you, Lord, for baby!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment