a baby so small that her clothes look like they were made for a doll? Now can you imagine that same baby without a mama to take care of her? Such a tiny, fragile life with no mama. It is hard for me to comprehend. Thankfully these babies are cared for by loving nannies until they can be placed in their forever families. I talked to Joy from YWAM today and she told me that there is a need for clothing at the orphanages - including some for the tiniest of babies. I headed to Target and found these precious preemie outfits:
As I walked to the cash register, I was stopped by a group of ladies who were oohing and aahing over the tiny size. They wanted to know if I had preemies, so I explained that I would be taking them to an orphanage for the babies there. It is such a small thing, but I love being able to do something tangible for these precious little ones.
I was at Macy's and discovered an amazing clearance sale, so I picked up some baby boy clothes, too. I loved it when my boys wore little outfits like these:
Jack came along with me and decided that some Cubs attire also needed to be included. They were also on clearance, so we couldn't pass them up:
And because all three boys have been concerned that baby S have something to represent their favorite team, we picked up this for her:
I can't wait to be able to take these clothes, along with baby formula, to Ethiopia when we travel. It might be as early as NEXT MONTH!! We are hoping the courts will open in late September and that we will know a definite court date soon after. Before we know it, this long wait will be over and we will have our sweet girl in our arms!

You go, mama!! Thank you for being Jesus to those little ones!
ReplyDeleteThese are so great! :) We are bring LOTS of clothes with us as well. Still formula (of course) but all the baby clothes we can fit!!
ReplyDeleteSO precious! Evan will give the thumbs up to the Cubs gear ;)
ReplyDeleteI love it that you like to shop. You are wonderful! And a big thank you for the last set of darling baby girl dresses you sent...our girl is enjoying them too as well as many others, I'm sure.
ReplyDelete