I'm not sure how it is possible to miss someone you have never met, but I am missing my baby girl tonight. She has been on my mind a lot today. While I pray for her often, I've been trying to keep my thoughts from dwelling on her too much because it is simply painful to do so. I know that she is completely unaware that there is a family on the other side of the world who can't wait to welcome her. We, on the other hand, are fully aware that someone is missing. I have truly been amazed at how God has opened each of our hearts to this little girl that we have yet to meet.
I've been concentrating my efforts lately on trying to get things done around the house. Just tonight, I pulled out our fall decorations. It is September and I am officially done with summer! I've also started to assemble things on my packing list for Ethiopia. I'm torn between taking everything I might possibly need and throwing caution to the wind and winging it. I'm sure in the end my suitcase will be full of everything but the kitchen sink. I also called a travel agent this week just to ask some questions regarding airlines, what current prices are looking like, etc. I wish prices would stay the same as they are right now, but as flights fill up, the prices start to climb. I am hopeful that we will know a definite court date soon after the courts reopen so that we can get this show on the road.
Mary
6 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment