It is a chilly morning (47 degrees!) and I am sitting here in the quiet of my house drinking coffee and realizing these days are numbered. And I am perfectly happy about that! Have I mentioned that my husband is pretty amazing? He is on morning duty at our house because every other day of the week I am out the door pretty early. He makes sure the boys are fed, dressed, and ready to go and endures the insanity that sometimes erupts when trying to get three boys out the door by 7:30. He even does this on Tuesdays when I am home! I slept in this morning (if you count 7:10 am as sleeping in...) and it was SO nice. As soon as the caffeine kicks in, I have lots to do around the house. Apparently I am nesting. I've been cleaning and sorting drawers and closets. My donation pile keeps growing and I'm wondering how I am going to fit all of it in our allotted suitcases for our trip. Mostly, I just feel an urge to get all my ducks in a row because we are quickly approaching our departure date and the closer we get, I can't even describe the emotions running through this Mama. When we got our referral call, I remember being so excited and just didn't really know what to do with myself. I am figuring that by mid October I will experience that same thing - times 100!! I don't accomplish a lot with nervous energy. I also don't do well waiting until the last minute for anything. I was the girl in college who received assignments that weren't due for two weeks, but I began working on them immediately. I never waited until the last minute for things like that. Nerdy, for sure, but that is just how I roll. Speaking of rolling, my coffee has kicked in and I have work to do!
I'm excited with you :)
ReplyDeleteI love how exactly opposite we are.
ReplyDeleteI don't comprehend the reality of changes or events until the moment I realize I can't turn back. (does that even make sense?) I thrive on last-minute havoc. I NEVER completed my college assignments ahead of time. In fact, once I actually completed a project early and at the 11th hour I decided I hated it and re-did the entire thing!
I am so happy that God created us all with unique personalities and gifts. And I am over the moon excited that your wait is nearly over. I can't wait to see pictures of you holding your little girl!!
:)Melissa
I am just like you. Hate to have an unfinished to do list. And I am TOTALLY NESTING! Its crazy and irrational. NO, i don't NEED to stay up until 1 am washing all of her clothes or cleaning out closets, but I feel I must. Thank God my husband is patient with me and just does what i ask:) Have a fun, productive day!
ReplyDeleteYour husband is amazing and you are nerdy, but I love ya both.
ReplyDelete