It is getting harder to wait. I have tried so hard to be patient, but it is not easy. I have made an effort not to think too much about our sweet girl, but as I am trying to prepare my heart and my home for a new little person, it is impossible to do that without her coming to mind many times each day. I am READY to be her Mama. I am READY to hop on a plane and fly around the world even though it means confronting one of my biggest fears. I am just straight up READY!!! I have watched her grow and change in pictures over the past 8 months and I would much prefer to watch her grow and change right before my eyes. I have pajamas and dresses and tights and hair bows and books and a baby doll and blankets all waiting for her. Her room has been ready for five months! It is TIME!!!! I will stop yelling now.
I saw my niece on Saturday and she is about the age that baby S will probably be when she gets home. She is a busy little girl and doesn't have much time for snuggling these days. She did however give me a "kiss" before we left that consisted of her licking my cheek! Seeing Miss Olivia in action made me wonder what Miss S. is like. Will she have any time for snuggling her Mama or will she be too busy exploring her new environment? Will she cling to my leg while I'm making dinner or will I be running after her? Will she want to sit and read books or would she rather wrestle with her brothers? Will she want to play with dolls (please please please) or will it be cars and trucks all over again? I can't wait to find out what she is all about. And I am praying that it will be SOON! Please, Lord, let it be soon.
Mary
8 months ago

A mother's heart is so beautiful. Thx for sharing yours once again!
ReplyDelete