Monday, November 15, 2010

It is official

WE ARE SO HAPPY TO INTRODUCE OUR DAUGHTER:


SENA CLAIRE




We had waited so long - to finally have her in my arms was unbelievably AWESOME!

Daddy gets a turn holding his little girl.  Can I just say that I am positively weepy thinking of him as the Daddy of a baby girl? 

She was looking around at everyone else watching the proceedings!

Daddy and daughter getting acquainted

Is this not beautiful?!  Formula donations from amazing people at our church, The Mom's Group, and the Monahans

I love this girl!


The first of many stories Daddy will read to her. 


She is a snuggler!


She was seriously flirting with her daddy.  She would look up and bat her eyelashes at him and then look away.


On our last afternoon with her.  She fell asleep on me not long after this and I cried knowing this was the last time I would hold her for quite a while.




Now another wait begins. Our paperwork must be submitted to the U.S. embassy in Addis Ababa so that a visa can be issued for us to bring her home. We know that God is in control and that His plan will prevail. Please pray for us as we wait for this final step in the process. It has grown infinitely more difficult now that we have met her and held her and kissed her. We are READY to be her family.  We are so thankful to God for this incredible gift.

Ephesians 3:20-21  Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever.  Amen.


2 comments:

  1. She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations to your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! I cannot imagine the excitement mixed with longing. Hang in there mama, it won't be long now!

    ReplyDelete