...the judge will look at our file again. We are praying that all is in order and that she will sign off on our case and baby S. will officially be our daughter. The past two weeks since our first court hearing have seemed SOOOO LOOOONNNNGGGG. It seems like forever since we held our sweet girl in our arms, but in reality it has been 14 days. We received a report on her this morning and she is doing well. That makes my mama's heart happy. My friend Kathy shared this verse with me a few months ago and I am finding it reassuring right about now:
Habakkuk 2:3 But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day!
Nothing that has happened during our entire adoption process has been a surprise to God. NOTHING. He knew the roadblocks we would face and He already knows the outcome of tomorrow's court hearing. He also knows that my heart will break into a hundred pieces if our case does not pass. But I know that if that happens, only He can heal my heart and I trust His plan. He did not bring us this far to leave us. He has used this journey in ways I never anticipated to strengthen my faith and to refine my character.
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
Thessalonians 5:16-18 Be joyful always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
e joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.Be joyful always, pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.he Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.
The Lord is good, a refuge in times of tTThe Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.he Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.rouble. He cares for those who trust in him.
Mary
6 months ago

Waiting for a GOOD report!
ReplyDeleteWe will be praying tonight! And...checking your blog in the morning. :)
ReplyDeletePRAYING PRAYING PRAYING for you and all the other families to pass tonight! And praying for you to be able to sleep a little.
ReplyDeleteBlessings my friend!
I just heard. :) Congrats!
ReplyDelete