Monday, November 1, 2010

Wednesday, October 27

We were up and ready early today.  We were supposed to be picked up by 9 to go to the transition home to see S. for our final visit.  My stomach was in knots - nervous about our court appearance in the afternoon and feeling emotional about having to say goodbye to S.  We got to the transition home and made our way to S.'s room.  I totally laughed at what I saw there.  Three little ones were sitting on potty seats that were on wheels.  What a fantastic idea!  I need to get one of those in a few months!  My friend A. from yesterday was one of the ones scooting around the room and she was FAST!  We made our way to S. and took her outside to the courtyard.  After only a few minutes with her, one of the CHI staff members pulled in and told us we were due at court.  There had been a change of plans. We took S. back to her room and got in the car.  I was worried because I had jeans on - my dress was hanging up back at the guest house where I had planned to change after lunch.  We were told not to worry and we were on our way.  We arrived at the court and made our way to the waiting area where there were several other adoptive families in the room.  It was obvious when people emerged from the judge's room who had passed and who hadn't, but most of those present passed.  Before long, it was our turn. We were asked a series of questions and then the judge mentioned the issue with the paperwork and she scheduled another hearing for November 11.  While that was disappointing, I am glad that we knew about it ahead of time so that we could sort of prepare ourselves.  As much as I wanted to hear from the judge, "She is yours," I know that God is in control and that He continues to work out the details in His timing.  We went back to the transition home after court.  We spent the afternoon playing with our girl.  All too soon, it was time for us to go back to the guest house.  I was holding S. and she fell asleep.  We knew the driver was coming soon, so we took her up to her room, kissed her, and placed her in her crib.  Leaving her was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.  We left the room and I cried my heart out.  After I pulled myself together, we headed back outside to wait for the driver.  He took us back to our guest house where we gathered our things together to get ready for the trip home.  Our time in Ethiopia literally flew by and it just didn't seem possible that it was already time to leave.  A huge piece of our hearts is living there still and we pray that we can bring her home soon.   We know that God has a plan and we continue to trust in Him.  He has brought us this far - we know that He will see us through.

Proverbs 16:3  Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.


Isaiah 30:18  Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion.  For the Lord is a God of justice.  Blessed are all who wait for him!


Ephesians 3:20   Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

2 comments: