Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Missing Her...

Now that we have been home almost five days, the fog of jet lag has lifted and I am feeling human again.  I also find my mind trying to process all that we experienced during our time in Ethiopia.  Our time in the country could not have gone any better and that is due in large part to the wonderful agencies we are working with to facilitate our adoption.  We have been so happy with both YWAM and CHI.  The staff here in the U.S., as well as in Ethiopia, is phenomenal.  When we started the adoption process, we applied to CHI's traditional program.  In December, we learned about the YWAM program and that there were children in need of homes already waiting.  We applied and were accepted to the program in January.  We saw our girl for the first time on January 2nd and were matched with her when we became paper ready in March.  Since then, much has changed in the way that adoptions in Ethiopia are handled.  We have encountered numerous roadblocks along the way, but such is the nature of adopting internationally.  When we were told that international adoption is not for the faint of heart, they really meant it!  My heart has felt faint many times, but God has always given us what we needed to move forward.  I am so, so thankful that I have always felt free to pick up the phone and call staff at both CHI and YWAM when I have had concerns or just needed a little hand holding.  We have been kept informed every step of the way as to what was happening with our case.  After seeing the staff in Ethiopia in action, I was amazed.  These people work TIRELESSLY to help children find their forever families.  They work long and hard and yet maintain great attitudes.  I have much to learn from their examples. 

With each passing day, I am missing S. more and more.  I look at pictures of our time there and I can't believe that we have been to Ethiopia and are home now.  I can only hope that this time between meeting her and being able to bring her home forever passes as quickly as our time in Ethiopia did.  I have mostly forgotten the pain of the flight home (it was miserable - motion sickness for me and food poisoning for John) and would get on a plane tomorrow if it meant I could be with her again.  I am ready to be her mama. 

Hebrews 10:23  Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

Psalm 27:14  Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Isaiah 26:3  You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

Hebrews 4:14-16  Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

2 comments:

  1. how sweet your reunion will be...when in a few short weeks you will be given your daughter ~not to hold for a few hours..but to hold for forever.

    praying the time between now and then hastens. :)

    ReplyDelete