We just returned from celebrating Thanksgiving with John's family. Sena definitely enjoyed her first Thanksgiving and I think her favorite part was seeing Papa and Grandma. Though we don't get to see them too often, she has formed a strong connection with them. The day before we left, all she talked about was Papa and Grandma. During the three hour trip, she told us repeatedly where we were headed and she was thrilled when we finally arrived at their house. This morning, when Papa came downstairs for breakfast, she ran up and gave his legs a huge hug. It was so sweet. I love that she loves her peeps!
In other news, we have a name for our new little one. I promise there is a very good reason why her current first name will become her middle name. We have chosen a new first name and unless it just does not fit her when we meet her, we will be naming her Addise (ah DEE say) and calling her "Addie" for short. Addise means "new life."
On the way home today, Sena was in her seat and just out of the blue told us she was "so excited." I asked her what she was excited about and she said, "sister." I am praying that God will knit the hearts of these two little girls together and that they will share a close bond. We will definitely highlight the importance of Sena's role as the "big sister." Since she is constantly reminding me that she is, in fact, a "big girl," I think that will give us a good starting point.
I am so looking forward to meeting this new little one who will be joining our family. We don't know a timeline just yet, but we will hopefully head to ET sometime early next year for a court appointment. In the meantime, we will enjoy spending our first Christmas with our sweet girl. Stay tuned for some pictures of her preciousness decked out in some festive attire. I will be squeezing her into the Christmas dress I purchased for her last year - if only for a picture!
Mary
8 months ago

:) I am so excited too!
ReplyDelete