Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Another corner

There have been various points during the past 10 1/2 months with Sena that I have had the sense that we "turned a corner" in terms of attachment and development.  We have recently turned another one that I am rather excited about.  My little sweetheart is independent, but not in a way that concerns me from an attachment standpoint.  She likes to do things herself, but will also allow us to do things for her.  She has become a little bit of a 2 going on 20 year old.  We were in the mall a few weeks ago and were literally chased down by an older lady who just had to have a closer look at the little girl who was walking all sassy through the mall.  Sena had on her hot pink coat and her boots, she was swinging her arms and she was all about it.  It was rather funny, though she had no time for the lady who stopped us.  She had places to go, you know!  Anyway, my point is that somehow in the last months, she has morphed from my BABY to a big girl.  Just in the past couple of weeks, she will actually sit to watch something on tv.  She also has started playing with toys more.  This is huge!  My favorite part is that she likes to play dolls.  It is interesting to watch her interact with them.  Lately, one of her babies has been spending time on the stairs in time out.  She talks very gently to her baby and then I hear her say, "sorry" and that is the end of it.  Today her babies had lunch in her high chair and she put them down for a nap before she went down for her nap.  I LOVE IT!  I am also hoping this is great preparation for adding a new little one to our family.  I know it is going to be rough at first, but I believe that she will enjoy having a baby sister.

In anticipation of a trip to Ethiopia sometime next year (hopefully earlier in the year than later, but who knows!), I purchased a new suitcase yesterday.  We have two bright blue ones already and adding this bright pink number will really prove that we like to travel in style.  At least our suitcases are easy to spot at the airport!  Sena was rather excited about the suitcase and she pulled it out of the store for me and also helped me get it in the house at home.  She also took it for a spin on the driveway. 

Fun!

I can go in circles.

A girl on a mission

It's stylish

4 comments:

  1. she's too cute!

    our bright pink suitcase just broke after 4.5 years. :) I LOVED it cuz it was so easy to spot at airports!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is a riot. where'd you get the suitcase? Was it a good deal? I need to send one each with Oleysia and Katja...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn - do you have Gordman's? It was normally 39.99, but I had a 25 percent off coupon. Score! I looked at a similar one on overstock.com before I went out and it was 50.00.

    ReplyDelete