Ever since I was a little girl, I have LOVED Christmas. I used to "find" gifts around the house and had so much fun wrapping them and giving them to my family. Imagine my mom's surprise on Christmas morning when she unwrapped her very own candles from the dining room that she had been looking for! I also enjoyed putting lights in the windows of my bedroom and decorating my own little tree. The Christmases of my childhood were magical and I distinctly remember hearing Santa on the roof when I was about 5 years old. Even as a child, in spite of the decorations and gifts and Santa, I still understood the true meaning of Christmas. Ultimately, we celebrate the gift of Jesus and I find that with each passing year, my heart becomes more tender as I consider what He did for me.
Last year at this time, my heart was aching because I just wanted Sena to come home. I had so hoped she would be here in time for Christmas, but that wasn't to be. Celebrating the season with her this year has been incredibly special. Her thorough enjoyment of all things Christmas has been so fun to see. I am amazed when I consider that just one year ago, she was in an orphanage and now she is HOME with a family who loves her so very much. We are truly thankful.
James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
Ivy and Quincy do the same thing... Wrap things they find around the house and put them under the tree or in our stockings. So sweet. We are also so thankful that all of our babes are home with us. Praise god for these true gifts. Merry Christmas my friend. I am so thankful for your gift of friendship. Give John and the kids our love too.
ReplyDelete