Monday, December 26, 2011

★

We had a wonderful first Christmas as a family of 6 - soon to be 7 - (complete with a stocking for Addise when she comes home.) One of my favorite parts of Christmas was seeing it through the eyes of Sena.  She had no idea what to expect.  She didn't know that there would be special jammies on Christmas Eve or that we would all wake her up on Christmas morning and that she would find gifts for her to open waiting beneath the tree.  It was so sweet to see how excited the boys were for her as she opened her presents and they oohed and ahhhed over them with her.  Priceless.  There is something so special about having a little one at Christmas time and I soaked in every.single.minute. 

While I know that there are those who have taken issue with our decision to adopt (often they come from the "there are people in this country that need help just as much" camp and, generally speaking, they are the same ones who aren't doing jack squat to help anyone themselves, but they sure like to tell others what they should or should not be doing, but I digress...), I am thankful for the way that our families have embraced Sena.  She is LOVED!  We would have missed out on so much had we not stepped out all those months ago and said, "yes!"  Our lives will never be the same and for that I am incredibly thankful.

Christmas Eve at Gips and Gimmy's (Gramps and Grammy's)

All six of us on Christmas Eve

After we came home from church on Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas!! 

I couldn't resist the matching jammies for all four!

Thanks, Ethan!

Cheese!

"Helping" Daddy open his present

Trying out her new heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment