I have been sticking pretty close to my phone and computer this week. Today marks exactly two weeks since our file was submitted to court. I know of several other families who have received court dates recently in two weeks or less so I have been waiting on pins and needles for some news. We heard today that one other document was requested by the court and has already been delivered. Now, we will wait and see what happens. We could hear something tomorrow or next week or next year! As much as I have been trying not to be psycho about the process this time around, at times like this, the psycho tries to sneak in and I have to work hard to squash it. I will be fine once we hear of our court date. Well, not really fine - then I will go into preparation mode and that is a whole different animal. Nonetheless, it doesn't seem like it will be too long before we get to meet our girl and that makes this mama's heart happy! Unfortunately, the elation of getting to hold her in my arms will soon be tempered by the agony of leaving her behind for an unknown period of time and that makes me nauseous. So, I'm trying not to even go there. The fact that we could be heading to Ethiopia in a month or so means that there is much to do around here in the meantime and that should help keep my mind off the part where my heart is torn in two.
I know those feelings all too well....hang on sister, hang on
ReplyDelete