Just over 16 months ago, John and I were on our way to Chicago to celebrate our 15th anniversary when we received a call from our case manager telling us our file had been submitted to court in ET. Because of changes in the process, it took several weeks for our file to be ready to submit to court. Since it was just a couple days before the court closed for the rainy season, we knew we were in for a wait. It was such a relief, though, to know that it was actually there and we were thrilled when we received word just two weeks later that a court date had been assigned for November (but ended up being October.)
The process for us this time around is just so different. The first time, it seemed like we hit a roadblock at every turn. There was lots of waiting and hoping and wondering when things would move. My emotions were all over the map. I was committed to my girl and I just wanted her home. I waited and waited and after many months, she was finally here. To this day, I still find myself surprised sometimes that she is actually here.
Up to this point, our current adoption process has proceeded rather smoothly. My goal going into it was to keep my expectations low. I learned the first time around that in the world of international adoption, the only thing constant is change. I expected that it was going to be much more difficult than our first process and I have been more surprised than anyone when things proceed according to schedule.
Our case was submitted to court today. I know. I can't really believe it either. I have already starting to fill suitcases with donations for the orphanages. It just does not seem possible that in a matter of weeks (probably) we will be on our way to ET to meet our girl. I look forward to meeting the little one who has already captured my heart. I can't wait to hold her close and kiss her chubby little cheeks. I'm blocking out the part that comes after that. Somehow I managed to survive almost three months of separation from Sena, and I am trusting that God will give me the strength to endure being separated from our new little one for an unknown period of time.
Mary
8 months ago

WOW!!!! I cannot believe this! Praise God!
ReplyDeleteI love it!
ReplyDelete