Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Five up, Five down

Addie had a well baby check today.  In five months, she has gained almost five pounds and grown almost three inches.  Our girl is getting big!  Her growth curve has been steady and our dr. is pleased with her progress.  She only had to get one shot and she recovered from that injustice quite quickly because she blew the nurse a kiss on our way out of the room.

In other news, 8 days into my plan, I am down somewhere in the ballpark of 5 lbs.  I did not get on the scale until day 4, so I'm allotting myself 2 pounds for those first three days because I was starving the whole time.  Scientific?  Not exactly, but I'm going with it.  I wore jeans today that were too snug two weeks ago.  These are the same jeans that I bought before we traveled to meet Addie and they were a bit too tight when I bought them.  I was a bundle of nerves once we found out we had only 6 days until we needed to leave for ET and I dropped a few pounds. The day before we left, I tried the jeans on again and they fit.  Then we went to ET where I lost another 6 pounds, only to gain it back during the stinking court to embassy wait.  Can you say yoyo?

I'm hoping for another 3 lbs. this next week and then I will be half way to my goal.  We shall see because I am really having a craving for cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment