Monday, September 24, 2012

Meant to be

 
God knew what He was doing in bringing our girls into our family.  I don't know why that surprises me, but sometimes it still does.  My biggest concern in adding Addie to our family was how Sena was going to handle losing her place as the baby.  As it turns out, it has been one of the best things for her.   It took some time, but they have become sisters through and through and it has been neat to watch their relationship develop.  Of course they have moments that are not so great, but the sweet moments just melt my heart.  

This was taken right after we picked Daddy and Addie up from the airport.  Clearly, neither girl seems very enthused.
 

Approximately 10 minutes later, they are starting to warm up to each other.

And the silliness begins!


Fast forward five months:

Silliness continues and they have become best buddies
 

Sena has taken on a very nurturing role with her baby sis.  Here she is nursing a head wound.  Yesterday, I saw her with a tissue.  She went up to Addie, held it up to her nose, and told her to blow.  Addie did what she was told and they went on about their business!  Two things surprise me: Addie's willingness to cooperate with whatever her sister suggests and the fact that she knows how to blow!  She came home knowing how, as did Sena.  I'm pretty sure a couple of our boys still can't quite do that...
 
A couple of weeks ago, I was on the phone and Sena announced that Addie had a dirty diaper.  I told her I would be right there.  When I came into the room, I discovered Sena changing Addie's diaper!  She had the dirty diaper off, she had wiped her bottom, and was in the process of putting a clean diaper on.  Ummm...


This was taken right after I had painted Addie's toenails for the first time.  Both girls were super excited about this event!


Two little cuties!


They love to read


Bedtime for Addie


Goodnight sweet girl!


She usually goes to bed with a baby tucked in each arm. 
 
I'm sure it is abundantly clear, but having two little girls has been SO MUCH FUN!  On Saturday, the girls and I ran a few errands.  After the last stop, I told them we were heading home.  Sena said, "No! Let's go to TJ Maxx's!"  HA!!!  A girl after my own heart!  I had no idea she even knew the name of the store, much less that she had a strong desire to go there.  :)
 
 
 




1 comment:

  1. Those girls are just beyond adorable!! I can't wait until Charlotte has a little brother or sister =) (by the way, she came home being able to blow her nose too!)

    ReplyDelete