I am thankful to be a mama of four this year! Twelve years ago on Mother's Day, I was on bedrest trying to keep the boy pictured in yellow above cooking for a little bit longer. He stayed put for one more week and then arrived at 35 weeks gestation - still weighing in at 6 lb 11 oz. - and healthy. And so began this adventure called motherhood! It has been way more difficult at times than I ever could have expected, but more rewarding, too. I had been told that it was like having a piece of your heart walking around outside your body and it is true! I hurt when they hurt, I rejoice when they rejoice. There lurks a mama bear in me that hibernates for the most part, but she can be fierce if the need arises. We have had stitches and staples and surgeries and such and each time I wished it was me and not them going through it! My mama's heart wants to protect them from difficulty and pain, but I also know that those are often the things that make us stronger. I pray that each of my children will grow up and make a difference in their world and that they discover early on God's plan for their lives. I am grateful for these treasures that He has entrusted to us - each one unique, but so special to us!
Mary
6 months ago

Happy mother's day Jen! I love your kids. Nice photos by the way. :)
ReplyDelete