Saturday, May 21, 2011

Special Significance

Apparently, dresses hold some kind of special significance in my world.  This is the last post I will do on dresses, I promise!  Last year around this time, Joy from YWAM was heading to Ethiopia and she was taking a care package from us to a sweet little girl.  Included in that package was a pretty little dress and a photo book of our family.  I knew the dress would be shared by all the babies at the orphanage and that was pefectly fine with me.  During this trip, Joy would show 9 month old Sena a photo book with pictures of her family who was waiting anxiously for her on the other side of the world.  Here is a picture of that moment:
In August, we received a picture of the birthday girl and she was wearing that little dress.

Around that same time, I found a larger size of the dress on clearance and decided it would be perfect for this summer.  And so it is:

Wow, this girl has changed!  As it turns out, several of the YWAM mamas have pictures of their sweet girls in the dress, too.  My friend Kameron's daughter was wearing it when they met her for the first time and it was hanging on the line drying on the day we met Sena.  That made me smile.  When we saw the first picture of her in the dress last June, my heart was so happy to know that something from us had made its way 8,000 miles to our girl.  Since we couldn't be with her, that was the next best thing.  There is meaning behind such a seemingly insignificant object as a dress and today I am smiling as I look at my girl and reflect on how far we have come since this time last year.

Psalm 107:1  Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing her in that beautiful dress, both now and then! You could get lost in those eyes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like dress posts. You deserve to post them too!

    ReplyDelete