Saturday, May 14, 2011

Twelve years ago on this night...

...I placed my head on my pillow for the very last time before my world would be forever changed.  A little blond haired, blue eyed boy made his debut on May 15, 1999.  I loved him while he was growing inside of me and I loved him even more the minute they laid his sweet little self on my chest.  I was so relieved that he had arrived safely.  His first attempt at being born at 28 weeks gestation was thwarted by medication and 7 weeks of bedrest by his mama and the fact that he arrived breathing well on his own with no need for the NICU was an enormous blessing.  It is hard to believe that twelve years have come and gone and he is on the verge of being a teenager.  Before I know it, he will be spreading his wings and venturing out on his own and I'm not sure my mama's heart can take it!  How in the world did we go from this...




...to this?

Sniff.  My baby is growing up.  Happy Birthday Jack!

1 comment:

  1. Tomorrow is my son's birthday too! He's turning 9 and was 2 1/2 weeks "late" though. Happy birthday to them both!

    ReplyDelete