She doesn't fit anymore. Our nighttime routine for the past few months has involved kissing Daddy and the brothers if they are home and then Sena and I head to her room where we read books, rock, and sing. That is my favorite part of the day. I love to snuggle my girl, but she is usually far too busy during the day for that. Before bed, though, is a different story. Tonight I finally had to accept the fact that she no longer "fits" snuggled up on my chest with her head tucked under my chin. That is how I held her when we met her in Ethiopia last October and it has been her preferred position since she has been home. Then she had to go and grow three inches in six months time! I am thankful that she is growing and thriving, so we'll just have to tweak our snuggling position a little. Still, it is another reminder that time marches on whether you want it to or not. I think of all the months we were waiting when I would have gladly hit the fast forward button and now my heart is crying out to rewind!! Then I think of her oldest brother starting 7th grade - how did THAT happen? He was my baby not so long ago and before I know it, he will be spreading his wings and leaving me in the dust. I'm going to stop being sentimental and eat a brownie. That should help. FYI - Pioneer Woman's Mocha brownies are my new favorite dessert. And I am picky about my sweets. Seriously.
HERE is a link to the recipe. Serious yum.
This made me smile. (esp the brownie part.) Thanks.
ReplyDelete