Monday, January 2, 2012

It is official

There is a little girl who, at this very minute, is likely tucked into her crib in an orphanage in a remote village in Ethiopia and has no clue that a family on the other side of the world is thinking of her and praying for her and looking forward to her arrival - whenever that may be.  It is amazing to me how God prepared our hearts for our sweet Sena and now He is doing the same for our little Addise.

I have tried so hard to be detached this time around - to not let my heart get quite so involved.  I remember well how difficult the wait for Sena was, so I figured if I could somehow distance myself, it would be a little easier.  Well, that worked up until the point where we requested her referral and now with each passing week, I find that my thoughts turn to her more and more often.  My mama's heart is officially involved.  The one thing that we have this time around that we didn't the first time is the assurance that Addie is being well loved and cared for in the meantime.  I had been told that the nannies took good care of the babies, but until I witnessed that with my own eyes when we met Sena the first time, I just didn't "get" it.  When Sena finally came home, we further saw the result of the loving care she had been given in the first year and a half of her life and that was an incredible blessing.

More than anything, I want Addie to come home sooner rather than later, but I also know that it is completely out of our hands. We are trusting that God will make a way even in the face of a process that is extremely daunting and has become even more so in recent months.  We have been told by our agency that one additional document has been requested by the judge before a court date can be assigned for our case.  Please pray with us that it can be obtained soon so that we can go meet our girl.

5 comments:

  1. Ohh, we are praying for no more delays, and that she will come home to her loving family quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRAYING IN AGREEMENT THIS LITTLE PRINCESS GETS HOME TO HER NEW FAMILY VERY SOON.


    ERIKA
    MATTHEW 18:19,20

    ReplyDelete