Sunday, January 22, 2012

Preparations

It has been a whirlwind around here trying to prepare for our trip.  There are so many little details to consider and I don't want to forget anything.  Our suitcases are already almost full and we still have a number of things to add - that should be fun.  The scale has been brought downstairs and I am having total deja vu because it seems like we just did this whole packing and weighing and repacking routine!

On this day last year, we were hanging out at our guest house with Sena.  If you had told us then that we would be returning to Ethiopia for a court date just a year later, I would have said you were crazy.  I'm pretty sure that while we were waiting out the embassy mess last year that I uttered the following, "I will NEVER do this again!"  And yet here we are.  Adoption pains are very similar to labor pains - you forget about them after a while. 

I cannot believe that in just a few short days we will be meeting our girl.  She will be moved this week to the transition home and I am praying for God's peace in her little heart with the big changes she is about to encounter.  There are so many hard things that are part of any adoption and the children go through so much in order to have a family.  I am thankful that God is in control and that He is the healer of the broken heart.

Psalm 147:3  He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.
John 14:27  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Deuteronomy 31:8 The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.


2 comments:

  1. Keeping you all in prayer :) I.AM.SO.EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you guys. I cant believe it is here! Praying for you all. Cant wait to hear details...

    ReplyDelete