Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Along for the Ride

Just two more days and my boys (all four of them) will be finished with school for the year.  The biggest boy is especially looking forward to the reprieve from teaching.  Middle schoolers can begin to wear on a person after a while.  In the days before we had our boys, I taught 7th grade.  I remember being so excited in August - a fresh new year was ahead of me.  By May, I couldn't wait to break free.  I'm not sure what John and I did with all of our time during those summers.  It is hard to even imagine what life was like then.  This will be my third summer where I don't keep the same schedule as everyone else.  I am up bright and early to bake pies and other goodies at Pies by Inge.  Baking has always been something that I enjoy.  Even back in my teaching days, I would often bring treats to the teacher's lounge.  Baking was a stress reliever.  Now that I do it for a living, just the opposite is true!  Still, I am thankful to be able to do something I enjoy and have my afternoons free.  John is on morning duty in our house and he does a great job of getting the boys ready and out the door for school.  I'm not sure how we are going to configure things once our girl comes home, but we definitely have plenty of time to figure that out!

Elections were held in Ethiopia last week.  Many of us have been hoping that MoWA would resume adoption paperwork following those elections.  So far, we haven't heard anything.  The unknown can be so hard.  Many families are affected by this hold and I have heard from several who are in the same boat as we are - they have been matched with a child, but can't receive the official referral until MoWA resumes.  As it turns out, this is a very hard position to be in.  One big reason is that we simply have no idea when MoWA will reopen.  I choose to believe it is just a matter of "when" and not "if."  Secondly, we have a name and a face and it is impossible not to fall in love.  I am in head over heels and if something should happen and we are not able to bring baby S home, I will be devastated.  I'm just keeping it real.  There is no other way for me to do this.  I am either in wholeheartedly or not at all.  I continue to trust that God is the author of this story and He absolutely knows how it will end.  In the meantime, I am along for the ride and it has been anything but boring. 

Psalm 41:10  Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with My victorious right hand.

Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you.

2 comments:

  1. You are awesome Jennifer. We love ya and will continue to pray for you!
    P.S.
    Thanks for all the help today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete