God is so faithful. Today I really needed some encouragement and He sent it in the MOST unexpected way. I was praying earlier and feeling sad about missing out on little S's first year. Please understand that I went into this process knowing that there could be two years or more of our child's life of which I would not be a part. I was ok with it until I had a face and then it became much more difficult. I am fully aware that there is generally a long wait in international adoption. I just wish my heart was more understanding of these things. Nonetheless, God knows me and knows when I need a little something to go on. Today I received an email from a sweet lady who spent time with baby S late last summer in Ethiopia just after she came into care. At first I thought there was just no way this could be the same baby S. After a couple of emails back and forth, I realized it was indeed our girl. Of course I wanted to know more, so we spoke on the phone. She is the one who gave baby S her first bath and swaddled her and took a photo to commemorate the occasion! She cuddled her and fed her and loved on her. She also told me about how she prayed over baby S. I already knew parts of baby S's background, but she was able to fill in with details that would be impossible to have without being there firsthand. I am so thankful for this gift. It means more than I can say.
We went on to talk about the adoption journey as she, too, is in the process of adopting and she has been waiting much longer than we have for her sweet children to come home. She just reminded me again that God can make a way where there seems to be no way. I continue to trust in His timing and His plan and I am thankful for this lady's willingness to reach out and offer some much needed and appreciated encouragement.
Psalm 34:8 Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him!
Mary
8 months ago

Praise the Lord! What a wonderful gift. :D
ReplyDeleteThat made my day:) We have such a good God!
ReplyDeleteWow! That's awesome, Jen! Sounds like you have a lot of info about your girl that most parents don't have access to. Thank you, Lord!
ReplyDelete