Sunday, June 6, 2010

Anticipation

It is a BEAUTIFUL day in Central Illinois.  Sunny, upper 70's, with a nice breeze and low humidity.  I was just sitting on the front porch watching a fierce wiffle ball game in our front yard trying to picture what it will be like when little Miss S enters the picture.  I am so looking forward to that day...  In the meantime, I am rereading The Connected Child and I think I'm ready to put some attachment strategies in place, but there is still a missing piece to that puzzle!  She has been on my heart since we first saw her picture in early January and we don't know how many more months it will be before we see her in person.  The anticipation at times is almost overwhelming.  I know it will just be that much sweeter when we finally get to hold her in our arms.  There are three little boys and a Mommy and Daddy who can't wait to welcome baby S into our family. 

Two friends of mine have court dates in Ethiopia this week.  Will you pray with me that they pass?  Their children have been waiting a LONG time for families and it is just time to bring them home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment