I am moved to tears every time I hear Yours by Steven Curtis Chapman, particularly this verse:
And I hear children's voices singing
Of a God who heals and rescues and restores
And I'm reminded
That every child in Africa is Yours
The little child in Africa that I love with all my heart is God's child. He created her and He knows her inside and out. And He is making a way for her to come and join our family. There is such comfort in knowing that He is putting all the pieces together. When I start to feel anxious or impatient, I consider again just how much He has done and I rest knowing that He is still at work. It has not been easy to let go of my timeline and my plans, but it is necessary and I find such peace in leaving it in His hands.
I told John again today how much I just want to hold her. Being the practical fellow that he is, he reminded me that someday, after she is home, I will be longing for her just to take a nap so that I can have a break. It is hard for me to even fathom such a thing (ha!), but I know he is right.
I was reminded today, too, that not everyone understands why I am positively giddy about this girl. I whip her picture out at any opportunity (I can't help myself) and some people are truly excited to see it. Others give the cursory, "oh, she's cute" and I totally know that they just don't get how I could be so excited about a baby I have never met who lives on the other side of the world. Oh well. It's all good. I'm working on developing my thick skin. I'm not quite there yet, but I am working on it!
1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Mary
6 months ago

Great post! It is hard to run across those people that don't get it...But we know that before the foundation of the earth was made that God hand picked each member of our families...No matter birth or adoptoin, we love our children just the same. They are a gift from the Lord! He gives GREAT gifts!
ReplyDelete