Friday, June 18, 2010

Never the same

Our referral documents are on the way to Ethiopia!  They should arrive early next week.  We found out, though, that some new requirements are in place and baby S must have a birth certificate on file before a court date can be applied for.  We don't really know how long it will be before a court date is assigned for our case because of these recent changes in procedure.  Ultimately, these changes have been made for the protection of the children in Ethiopia and that is a good thing.  It may mean that we have to wait a bit longer, but we continue to trust in God's plan and His timing.  I feel as if I have said that a hundred times, but it is true.  It's all I've got - and it's enough.

I was just looking at the pictures we received on Monday.  These are pictures from the last several months and I could just stare at them all day!  They are the only tangible connection we have to baby S right now and, therefore, they mean a lot. She has the most beautiful and expressive eyes.  I think that is the thing that drew me to her. We also have a picture of her sleeping and it is precious. What I wouldn't give to be able to scoop her up right now and hold her close to my heart.  When I consider how much I love this baby I have never met, I am almost overwhelmed.  How much more, then, does God love each one of these precious little ones - it is almost more than I can comprehend.  I have been given a glimpse of His heart for the orphan and it has changed my life.  I will never be the same. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all your prayers for you and for me! I will pray with you, and trust with you. Yes, in these times, God is enough.

    ReplyDelete