Isaiah 12:2 Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.
Someone asked this week if we would choose to adopt from Ethiopia again had we known the roadblocks that we would face. Ummm, yeah. Here's the thing that I don't think I fully contemplated when we began this journey last year: there are no guarantees. There is a chance that we might not end up with a child when all is said and done. Everything has been taken care of on our side of the globe. We are waiting on things to be taken care of on the other side and we have absolutely no control over what happens there. No control. Oh...that's what this is all about. I'm sure I have mentioned (a lot) that I might have a tiny issue in that department. God knows that. He has been trying to get me to surrender that for a really long time. Even though we are still in the midst of our adoption journey, I am amazed at how my heart has been changed - and we still have a long way to go. I truly believe that those changes would not have occurred without the leap of faith that adoption requires. I am choosing to trust God's plan and not give in to fear over what may or may not happen. We are moving forward with the hope that baby S will join our family in the not too distant future. Specifically, I am praying that we will be able to have a court date before the courts close in August. Today is June 4th, FYI. That is just two months away. It would require a serious miracle for that to happen, especially considering that we don't have our referral yet. According to Matthew 19:26 ...with God ALL things are possible. That certainly does not guarantee that God will answer my prayer, but I know that He is able. And I trust Him.
Mary
6 months ago

I trust Him too. Thank you Lord for answered and unanswered prayers!
ReplyDelete